Thursday, January 27, 2011

Last Thursday, I had a wave of ambition and completely "remodeled" my kids' bathroom. They are getting older and felt it was time for a more updated look. So.....here it is....

The old bright and cheerful bathroom...


The new and contemporary bathroom for growing kids.....






....and all for only $60!

this picture is the floor, which I painted! The slate tile, in it's original form, wasn't sealed - so every water drop and paint drip was there to stay. Knowing that it wasn't realisitic to have a new floor, I figured I'd give it a paint job. So....with an old can of ivory and a paper towel, I began to sponge. Then I "sealed" it with a coat of walnut stain. It was sticky for about 2 days; but with a high-powered fan on it - it was good to go.

I love it when a fluke works! :)

4 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger heidi said...

SUPER impressive!!! How did you change the counter top? Awesome job... it looks really amazing!

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Mom said...

Love it, Kel. . .you did a wonderful job. Looks very chique! Can't believe the kids are getting so grown up! Can't wait to see it in person.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger sattyfamily said...

I'm impressed! Want to come and do mine?

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Michael said...

This is just amazing, and for $60!! You could be on the DYI channel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home