Happy 5th birthday Mr. Bernie Croaker!
In May 2002, Dave was still on deployment at Pearl Harbor, but was able to come home for a week's visit. While home, he caught a tadpole in a local pond and kept him in a styrofoam cup. I had put the cup on top of our fridge, and for 2 weeks, forgot about it. One day, while cleaning, I noticed the cup and when I looked inside, there was the tadpole - with legs and almost no water left (poor thing)!! We quickly put him in water, found him a "home" and for the past five years, watched Bernie grow and eat his fair share of crickets! In the wild, these toads live for about 1 year. So, here he is - an old man! :)

Always trying to escape (does he see his reflection, I wonder?)


He's been the perfect pet!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home